You Make My World Spin Placebo Feelings

Welp, according to my nifty new pregnancy app, I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Maybe? Sort of? Really??!!! Tomorrow is our very first ultrasound, or as my nurse called it, a "placement scan". I've been warned in advance that we may not see much, as it's still early on...ya know, poppy seed early. At the very least, they will be looking for an intrauterine gestational sac (or dare I say sacs) to confirm that life is perhaps (hopefully) growing. My stomach is in knots, 50% nerves, 50% constipation (the struggle is real).  

If I wasn't relying on the appearance of parallel lines on sticks that I dip in pee to confirm that I am in fact pregnant, I truly wouldn't know the wiser. I'm a bit more tired that usual. Maybe taking a few more trips to the bathroom than normal. Noticing twinges in the uterus every now and again. Mild back pain on and off. No complaints. Whether mild symptoms, or placebo feelings, I'm enjoying it regardless (well, kind of). 

I have low expectations for tomorrow. Partially because I am still not ready to completely let my guard down and partially because I feel like we've been down this road before from cycle #1 of IVF, albeit with a crappier beta from the start, but still, ending in not-so-hot news. I'm not quite sure when I will feel confident that this is really it. I'd like to believe that our perseverance has finally paid off. The best I can do is take baby steps to increase the level of excitement. This is a process, after all.

On a positive note, I feel blessed to know this early that regardless of the outcome, something magical has begun to take place. I still open the door to our intended empty nursery in hopes that I will one day get to see it filled with cute little baby things, and more importantly a baby (or babies!). 

I am hopeful. I really am. I'm just, scared. Every milestone builds me up just a little bit more.   


Funny side note: I purchased this amazing card from ColettePaperie back in 2012, well before I knew we would never get pregnant on our own. Sorry Mr. UKU, looks like this one is more fitting for the embryologist now ;) #malefactorinfertility 

Check out her shop! Her cards are hilarious! Especially the baby ones

Until tomorrow, friends <3


6 comments:

  1. Extremely excited for u. Can't wait to hear the outcome of tomorrows ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh good luck!! It's so nerve wracking every step of the way ...we are just not used to good news. But I have a great feeling that this is it for you...will be sending positive vibes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing great news for you & your hubby tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping things go well for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you today and sending hope for you to see placement of your wonderful little poppy seed! Love that almost all the sites I follow seem to be "popping" up pregnant!!! Congrats to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin