You Expect Me to Eat That? - My Brain on Pregnancy (Oh and BTW, TWINS!)

6 Weeks + 2 Days Pregnant. Symptoms have officially begun to kick-in a bit more intensely. Ok, a lot more, and I feel bleh most of the day. This is not a complaint...more of an observation of a very happy, yet quite literally "shitty" situation (pun intended). :)

How I'm Feeling:

4 Weeks Pregnant: 
Tired, tired, tired, tired. Did I mention, tired? 

5 Weeks Pregnant: 
Exhausted and starting to experience random food aversions. Craving sweet and salty things.

6 Weeks Pregnant: 
Exhausted, food aversions, can't stand looking at most foods, highly irritable, and experiencing morning, afternoon and evening sickness (in the form of nausea, gagging and the "D" word, lovely, I know.)

I am hopeful that all the recent changes mean two healthy little babies are growing, and if that's the case, they are welcome to wreak as much havoc on me as they please. Just wish they would pick one end for the "morning/afternoon/evening" sickness and maybe not be so interested in exploring the work bathroom.

Things I Can Tolerate Eating:
Rice
Beans
Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Plain Pasta
Plain Popcorn
Plain Oatmeal
Plain Bagel
Chicken (rarely)
Remember when I used to be PALEO? Yikes!

Things I Can Tolerate Drinking:
Water. Only W A T E R.

I'm not so worried about the fact that I'm a grain eating factory lately, because, well I would starve otherwise, but I am concerned that these babes may not be getting fully rounded nutrition. At the very least I'm focusing on staying hydrated and getting something anything in my stomach. 

Tomorrow is our second scan at 6 Weeks + 3 Days, and we are expecting/hoping to see fetal poles and potentially heartbeats. I'm look forward to the day that I may be able to enjoy this process. For now, it still feels like I'm living week to week waiting for disappointment to strike. Surprise me, universe!


BabyUKUx2 - 5 Weeks + 2 Days (2 Sacs / 2 Yolks)




7 comments:

  1. ahhhh! I'm sorry you're feeling the nasty side-effects but am excited to hear about TWINS! So cool. I hope your appointment goes so well tomorrow! Excited to follow your journey as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kati! We are so hoping they both hang on for the long run! Makes for a very nervous mama as we move week by week, but I am wishing for the best <3

      Delete
  2. Ah, sounds like me my first 14-15 weeks! I was all about the plain pasta too. And saltines with pb. I forced down green juices and smoothies to help with nutrition. I found this cold ginger drink that really helped me with nausea, I couldn't live without it! Coconut water also helped keep me hydrated, my husband would leave one on my nightstand when he left for work in the morning because it helped me feel better if I chugged it before I even got out of bed. As annoying as "morning" (or all day) sickness was, it in some ways made me feel better because I knew if I was that sick then most likely everything was good in there. Things are looking really good for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering how your appointment went. I glad it is good. I am about a week behind you pregnant with twins. Totally get the not wanting to eat/sick to my stomach. I just go the book When you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads by Dr. Barbara Luke. It is a great resource and it gives you lots of information that a singleton pregnancy book won't give you. You should check it out. Congrats! -Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I was craving salty whatever around that time. I craved it a little too much that my face got round. Needless to say I cut back on it for that reason. How everything looks good tomorrow. I'll be anxiously waiting for an update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following you on your journey and am so happy for you! It sounds very promising!! I was wondering if you could tell me whether you took the Chinese herbs in addition to the acupuncture or acupuncture only? I am about to embark on my 4th IVF attempt as well (MFI). I too, decided to finally try acupuncture and started 2 weeks ago. They are also trying to get me to take the herbs but I'm hesitant. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin