Update: 7-9 Weeks Pregnant




How I'm Feeling:

7 Weeks Pregnant: 
Nausea is off the chain morning, afternoon and evening! Appetite barely existent. Feeling completely exhausted. Falling asleep on the couch by 7PM. Dragging in the mornings.

8 Weeks Pregnant: 
Gave in to Diclegis to manage debilitating nausea. Really helped curb my gagging and increase my appetite. The downside of the medication is it makes you very sleepy. After about four days of taking it I decreased my dosage and now feel more balanced. Still craving processed foods and carbs like crazy. Managing to get some applesauce and clementines down the hatch every so often, but still turned off by most fruits and veggies. Constipation kicking back in. Bladder filling up more frequently, leading to more frequent trips to the bathroom.

9 Weeks Pregnant: 
One week until double digits! Trying to muster up the confidence to believe all is still growing as planned, despite no more weekly scans to confirm. Waking up in the middle of the night to pee. Appetite increasing. Mood swinging :)

We are planning to sneak back to the RE around 11 weeks to say hi to the babies, as waiting until 13 weeks feels like an eternity. Feeling thankful to have such a supportive team behind us. Though we have officially graduated from the fertility clinic, we know it's not really "goodbye" and is instead, "see ya later". Forever indebted and in need of babysitters. 

Things I Can Tolerate Eating:
Mac & Cheese
Chef Boyardee (yes, like a five year old)
Chicken Noodle Soup (sans chicken)
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Plain Bagel
Processed CRAP!

Things I Can Tolerate Drinking:
Chocolate Milk
Orange Juice
Gatorade
(Absolutely hating water!)

For those on Baby/Low-Dose Aspirin and Progesterone. I am sharing with you the following information, as I stopped both of these supplements very early in pregnancy and was not able to find ANY other women on the internet who had, which scared the shit out of me.

Stopped low dose aspirin at 6.5 weeks
Dropped progesterone to one 200 mg pill per day at 7 weeks
Stopped progesterone at 8 weeks

Babies are still alive and well! 

Obviously different factors may keep you on these supplements for longer, and really there isn't much proven harm that can come from taking them, but I chose to trust my doctor and allow my body to do what it is supposed to. I had no proven clotting factors or deficiencies in progesterone levels. We added these to the protocol to help with implantation and make the environment happy for babies. Once they were implanted and hearts were beating, my doctor suggested we stop the advil and progesterone, as she doesn't believe in taking things unnecessarily. I was admittedly terrified to stop, thinking they were the magical pills that made this work, but lo and behold, all is well. 



BabyUKUx2 - 8 Weeks + 3 Days (Both growing two days ahead @ 8w+5)




7 comments:

  1. I could have written this blog post on the food part! HA! I have like 10 cans of Chef Boyardee - Ravioli in the pantry and those are the ONLY drinks on my list. I crrrraaaaave orange juice all day errrr day :) SO glad your babies are thriving and growing. I can't wait for you to see them kick if you make it for a 11 week peek! You thought the heart beat was amazing...JUST you wait. AHH! It gets even better <3
    Do you like protein shakes? Just an idea...I am sneaking in a LOT of extra protein (chocolate), spinach, banana, PB and the occasional flax/chia mixed in. Nutri-bullet that and down the hatch. Lasts me longer than the typical 2-3 hours before I need to eat again so I know my bod and babes like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that your RE will let you sneak in for little peeks. How long does your OB have you going between ultrasounds?

    Our Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you are getting a little bit down. Congrats on your babies.... I bet it still doesn't seem real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for healthy babies! I'm sorry the nausea has gotten the best of you. Glad things are going well with you though. Have you heard of Ovia pregnancy app? That's my favorite one. Every day it tells you something new about baby(ies). You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so wonderful to read this and see how well they are growing!! And glad you're feeling a little better with the meds- hope that continues! And maybe they will even let you expand your diet soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear this! Hope you continue to feel better and enjoy this time because it's finally happening..you are closer and closer each day to finally becoming a mom (times two!). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog. I had my 9dp5dt bloods yesterday and it was 360. Wonder if I'll get twins! Rachel

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin