Things That Begin with the Letter T

Testing. Time Out. Take a Breath. Take Care.



Today officially begins my Month(s) of Me project! I'm happy to announce that following an 8AM meeting with my RE and a breakfast consisting of fresh berries rather than Kit Kats, I am off to a great start.

After an amazingly irresponsible and indulgent weekend, it's clear that I made a sound and highly necessary decision by postponing the #MonthOfMe1114 kick-off to today, despite an intense battle with my Type A tendencies in wanting to start on Nov 1st, just because it seemed logical to start new on the first of the month. I've learned throughout my struggle with infertility that logic is quite obviously meant to be surrendered. There's just no room for it on this journey, at all...and today, for the first time, I think I managed to convince my RE just the same.

That said, we are going to pursue some additional testing. Yes, even some of the "wacky" kinds she doesn't necessarily believe in. Though she may not completely or genuinely agree with the tests we want to run, I appreciate her support, even if it is meant to simply pacify me.

Here's what we agreed to test:
Anti-Nuclear Antibody Panel (ANA)
Vitamin D Deficiency
Total IgA Anti-tTG Antibody (CD Panel)*
*Pending results of this, would consider doing additional genetic testing: HLA-DQ2 & HLA-DQ8

Here's what's scheduled for November:
Diagnostic Hysteroscopy (Nov 11th)
Endo scratch (in conjunction with Hysteroscopy)
Frozen transfer would not be scheduled until January (roughly 2 months post-op)

Other:
Pending the results of the ANA screening, I will consider making an appointment with a Rheumatologist to request testing for autoimmune diseases. Hubby and I have a family history of Scleroderma, and are interested to see what a panel may show at this point. The ANA screening should tip us off if it comes back positive, but even if it comes back negative I will most likely still request rheumatology testing.

Here's what we are adding to the next FET protocol:
Baby Aspirin
Acupuncture (just because)

My RE's overall feeling is that we've just not had great luck thus far. All of our testing has come back clear, and our embryos look great (although I know even chromosomally abnormal ones can fool an embryologist). Either way, I'm just happy to be making some diagnostic progress, to either find a valid issue to solve or simply rule out the unknowns. I do have some additional tests in mind, but I'm keeping them in my arsenal for now. I'm not normally one to test, just for the sake of testing, so there is a method to my madness...or lack thereof.

Pending the results of the hysteroscopy and blood panels, we are tentatively planning on a January FET of two embryos. There's no telling what may pop up over the course of the next two months, but for now, it's a plan.

In the meantime, as committed, I've started my strict paleo meal plan, and put in my 25 minutes of lifting this evening. I can already feel my body/brain adjusting to the shock of no added sugar, sodium, grains or dairy. My typical withdrawal lasts about five days. The first few days I feel tired and a bit foggy, but by the end of the week, I'll be feeling 100% again. Though going off the rails was an absolute necessity for me, it's nice to put infertility in the back seat where it belongs, and take control of my body and mind again for a bit.

For those of you who were interested in my meal plan or suggestions on paleo recipes, here's this week's menu (and links to some of my favorite recipes). You'll notice I try to keep things simple, by repeating most meals throughout the week. This helps me prep and stay on track. I usually plan for dinner leftovers, so repeat dinners reflect just that. I do not include weekends, as I try to stay flexible for outings, etc, but generally follow the same routine (fruit, healthy fats, lean protein, veggies - no added sodium, sugar, grains or dairy).

I'll be posting my weekly plan on the blog if you're interested in challenging yourself as well. Would love hear feedback on how you feel after 7 days.

(Click to Enlarge Image)















1 comments:

  1. Glad your Dr is willing to do these testingsites even if she didn't believe in them. Here's hoping that your months help you get back on track with yourself.

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin