I Was Never Any Good at The Limbo

I've been quiet for a while. Wish I had some awesome excuse like I've been beach hopping or running wild in Disney, but really I've just been limbo-ing. Since my last post, where we determined the cycle had failed after a lack of progress in Betas (Recap: 9dp5dt: 27.5 / 11dp5dt: 28), we were shocked at 13dp5dt by a sudden increase in beta to (59.8). We were expecting a decrease (common with chemical pregnancies), but instead ended up back in limbo.


On 15dp5dt our beta continued to increase at a rate of 66% (not quite the holy double) to 100, followed by my final beta today at 17dp5dt which landed at 183 (83% increase in 48 hours). I had an ultrasound today, clearly too early to see anything, but RE wanted to take a look anyway. My uterine lining had increased which leads her to believe that whatever IS going on in there, is at least hopefully taking place in the right area, but still too early to rule out a tubal. Minimal free flowing fluid in the uterus...one ovary back to a normal size...one ovary still enlarged.

My RE has directed us to stop all meds, as she is not happy with the rise rate of the HCG and believes we are holding off the inevitable. Most women are well over 1000 at this point. I of course have turned to Dr. Google non-stop, searching for success stories with low/slow rising betas and I did manage to find a few, but found many more not-so-happy-endings, resulting in miscarriage or ectopic.

Although I don't want to drag this out if it is in fact not viable, it's very hard to swallow the idea of throwing in the towel, when my levels continue to rise, despite being low and slow. I can't help but wonder "what if?".
Here I am, pregnant (finally!), and now giving up on this embryo, and essentially everything I've wanted for a very, very long time...

I am happy to have had success, even if short lived, but I can't help but think this would be so much easier had the levels dropped or stalled on their own, or had I never gotten the BFP in the first place.

So what's next for us?

I will officially cut off medication tonight. I'm looking forward to being able to sit my ass on a chair without pain for a while. Back to the RE on Tuesday for a follow-up blood draw to confirm that the pregnancy is declining on its own. Praying we won't require any intervention. Not really the holiday weekend I was hoping for, but such is my luck.

Should my period begin on its own, I will take 1 cycle off for my body to recoup, and contact my RE with CD1 of my following Cycle to begin FET. This lands us around end of June, early July (should everything go as planned).

The good news is, we will be looking at doing a natural cycle, which means no more crazy hormones, no enlarged ovaries, and no progesterone shots. Simply following my natural cycle, we will watch for LH surge, transfer frozen embie and supplement estrogen/progesterone orally to be sure levels are regulated. Maybe my body will react better this way. Who knows?

No one ever said this was going to be easy, just wish it wasn't so hard!

8 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog but just wanted to say in sorry your cycle ended up this way. I had a few chemical pregnancies with low/slow rising betas. I know how hard it is. I now have twins from my 5th ivf cycle. Perseverance pays off!
    Www.compromised-fertility.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Thanks for the encouragement. Trying to get through the rough patch right now, but you're right...perserverance pays off! Will keep up with you on your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Keep writing...it's just what you need. Love you <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to your blog as well. Your awesome mom told me about you! Thanks for sharing with us! Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura - Thanks for stopping by! My mom IS pretty awesome ;)

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 28, 2014

    Hey hon, I'm so sorry to read about your story ! It's just horrible that you have to go through this. We also have MFI and have done 2 fresh cycles & 2 frozen and all have been BFN, although we are both in our early 20's. I just wanted to drop a line quickly, as a friend of mine had almost the same cycle after a great blast was transferred. Although, she ended up having an ectopic and they had to remove one of her tubes, as it was just a bit too late. I hope this isn't the case for you, and this is a smooth journey! But just make sure that your docs check the hell out of those tubes to hopefully save it if it ends up being ectopic. I hope you & your husband are going ok! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'm trying to prepare myself for the potential need to go through multiple cycles. I give you credit for pushing through! My RE is almost overly monitoring me for ectopic. She's trying to be ahead of the game in diagnosing. I am hoping it will end up being a confirmed IUP, so we can determine our plan of action and move forward. Thanks very much for your support <3

      Delete
  5. AnonymousJune 01, 2014

    It's always good to be prepared! I must say, I am a little shocked to not have even had a chemical or anything- our next step is a laparoscopy and endometrial biopsy to see if I have something going on down there! I hope you have gotten a few more answers lovely! Ill have my fingers crossed that next cycle will be your take home bubba.

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin