Paleo Vanilla Cookies (Grain Free, Dairy Free, Refind Sugar Free) - Guilt Free!

Life in-between IVF cycles has been great! As anxious as I am to keep the baby making on a roll, I'm certainly enjoying this un-medicated, no-added-hormones month. Since my D&C, I've gone back to dance, steered my diet back on track, and filled my weekends with good friends, good food, and good fun.

I'm still awaiting AF, following my D&C on June 3rd. In the meantime, I'm keeping busy and keeping happy :) part of which involves me spending lots of money at Whole Foods and stuffing my face...

As a result, you will be inidated with cliché instafood pics of my paleo creations, like this one, by popular demand...



Ingredients 

  • 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter)

  • 1/3 cup raw honey

  • 1 egg, whisked

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can add a little extra if you want it more vanilla-y)

  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

  • Pinch of himilayan fine pink salt (or other salt)

  • Optional Add-Ins:

    • 1 vanilla bean, slit lengthwise, little baby beans added to mixture

    • 1/2 - 1 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks (or dark chocolate chips)


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
  3. Use non-stick baking sheet, or line with parchment paper
  4. Roll cookie mix into 1 - 1.25 inch balls (space them out so they don't turn into a giant sheet cookie)
  5. Bake for 9-18 minutes (easily overcooked!)*
  6. Remove from oven, spatula those babies onto a cooling rack
  7. Resist temptation to eat entire batch in one sitting

*I know, the range is insane, but these cookies are very sensitive. It took me a few (burnt to a crisp) batches to figure out the perfect cook time for my oven. Many ovens range in temperature, so you will have to keep a keen eye on these suckers. Once you figure out the perfect baking time for your oven, it's smooth sailing for future batches.


Burnt Cookie Rescue

In the event that you end up with some burnt bottoms, there's a little trick you can use to salvage the batch.

  • Break out your handy grater

  • Grate burntyness off the bottom of the cookies (don't apply too much pressure)

  • Wallah! ... No one will ever know they were third degree burn victims 


More recipes to come! Let me know if your batch survives :)


5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2014

    finally some recipes! <3 its shari btw finally got my blog up and running! follow please,

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 01, 2014

    These look delicious! As a "cookie maker" I am anxious to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste as good as they look (if you're not expecting something very sweet lol!)

      Delete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin