Saturday Night Date in the ER

Welp, I think we can now officially say...anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong. Just when I thought we were through the shit, things took a turn for the worse. My D&C was scheduled for Tuesday, June 3rd. Surgery, fortunately, went off without a hitch. I was elated to find out the pregnancy was confirmed to be intrauterine. My tubes live to see another day. 


I had planned on taking the next day off to recuperate, but woke up feeling surprisingly well and decided to head in to work. Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday went by with minimal bleeding or cramping. 

Then came Saturday...

Intense cramping woke me out of my sleep at 4AM. I figured some cramping was normal, but this wasn't ordinary by any means. I took 600 mg of Advil and attempted to go back to sleep with a heating pad. No such luck. I squirmed in bed until 6AM, when I finally woke my husband up to complain. We both decided I'd try to tough it out, as my body had just been through trauma and this was most likely the aftermath. At 10 AM I upped the Advil to 800 mg and set myself up on the couch. The pain was becoming more and more intense, to the point it felt like I was having contractions every three minutes. At 4PM, 12 hours after this ordeal started, I threw in the towel and called my nurse. She asked my pain level on a scale of 1-10. Clearly I was at a 12. She told me to go straight to the emergency room.

7 hours, two rounds of morphine, one iodine catscan, one pelvic exam, and two ultrasounds later...the doctors had determined I had a deep UTI from the catheter used during surgery, and a hematoma in my uterus that my body was trying to expel. Between the morphine and antibiotics running through the IV, the pain was finally under control. I checked-out around 1:30 AM with a prescription for antibiotics, a prescription for pain, and a whole lot of paperwork.

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, or how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out the the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin