2DP5DT: Monday Distractions

We've (hopefully) made it another day! As mentioned in my previous post, I'm really trying to put forth a strong effort in both connecting with 4AB and at the same time, distracting myself from the dreaded TWW. Today was the best Monday I've had in quite some time.

I decided to work from home today, and was hoping to sleep in a little later than normal since I was sans commute this morning, but unfortunately had an early blood work appointment with my RE. Just a simple progesterone check to make sure blood levels look good (which they do - yay!). Once I got home, I kicked up my feet on the couch and plugged away at my laptop with an Ellen DVR marathon running in the background (i just love her!). Weirdly enough, even with the television blaring and two dogs waltzing around, I'm actually more productive in the comfort of my own home than I am in the office.

I stayed in my PJs all day and left the makeup in the drawer. Felt nice to just be comfy, especially during my lunch-time trip to Hallmark to browse anniversary cards for Mr. UKU...which seriously took me a full hour. I literally have to read every card in the store...sick I know lol. Despite wanting to leave the store with multiple cards, I settled on one. Now to write in it...

I had a lot of fun putting together his anniversary present this year. We don't typically do presents for anniversaries or holidays, birthdays only if anything, and even then it's usually a nice dinner...but it's been a rough year and I was inclined to put together something special for him...little, but special. I'll share that later this week, along with my first freebie for my lovely "followers" who may want to do the same for their hubby ;)

I was happily surprised when the doorbell rang around 3PM today with a delivery from UPS. Is there anything better than an unexpected package?! Two boxes propped on my porch from one of my favorite spots - Pottery Barn! - labeled as "Mr. Bones" with a super cute note and no clue as to who it was from. Turns out my dad sent us a few more friends for our upcoming Halloween party. I've been lusting after Mr. Bones for two years now in the PB magazine. I of course had to immediately take them out of the box and pose them around the house. Just another lovely distraction.

Overall, today was a great "mental" day for me.

2DP5DT Symptoms (or shit I'm continuing to make-up):

- Mild cramping on and off

- Still peeing like crazy

That's about it. Pretty boring.









2 comments:

  1. I love work from home days. I'm having one tomorrow. :) Hope your 2ww goes by fast for you. When is your Beta scheduled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely dayworking from home. I'm so jelly! Fx that those are not made up symptoms.

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin