4DP5DT: #Embryolo Wedding Anniversary

Three years ago today, I said “I Do” to my best friend. I don’t revisit our wedding pictures often, but after waking up at 4AM with nothing else to do, I took some time to flip through our album and even re-read our ketubah. Our wedding day was over in the blink of an eye, and to be honest, I really don’t remember much of it. But there are a few things I do remember… Like walking down the aisle repeating the word “shwimpy” so I wouldn’t cry; How stunningly handsome my husband-to-be looked standing at the end of the aisle; The feeling of my heart literally jumping through my chest as I realized I was about to marry my best friend; And our vows, that we wrote before we even knew what marriage was all about, being read by a rabbi with a lighter as the sun went down, like some weird hippie kumbayah moment.

Three years later, these words mean more to me than they ever did before…

“As beloveds and friends, we choose to walk life’s path together. We pledge to be equal partners, loving friends, and supportive companions all through our life. May our love provide us with the freedom to be ourselves, and the courage to follow our mutual and individual paths. As we share life’s experiences, we vow to create an intimacy that will enable us to express our innermost thoughts and feelings; to be sensitive to each other through life’s sorrows, to challenge each other to achieve intellectual and physical fulfillment, as well as spiritual and emotional tranquility. We will build a home together and fill it with laughter, empathy, faith, imagination, trust, friendship, companionship and love. May we live each day as the first, the last, the only day we will have with each other.”

I’m proud to say we are living up to our promises to each other. It’s been a tough year for us trying to build a family. Still, we are the Mr. & Mrs. UKU – we never give up and we don’t accept quitters.We’re taking 4AB out to a fancy dinner tonight to celebrate our anniversary. Yes, on a Wednesday night. #Embryolo

In honor of my anniversary, and as promised, today my first FREEBIE is available! Mr. UKU and I don't typically do anniversary presents, but if we do, it's usually something sentimental, from the heart or handmade. Call us corny, but we like to keep our love tanks full! I saw this really cute DIY idea on Pinterest to create these "I Love You Because..." frames, that allow you to write a little note to your significant other with a dry erase marker to remind them, well, why you love them today / everyday / yesterday / this month, whatever and however often you feel.

I found two frames that perfectly match our bedroom decor, and decided these will sit on each of our nightstands next to our bed. I gave my gift to hubby this morning, along with a pack of "Frozen" Jelly Belly's in honor of our FET and a new pair of super fancy briefs. Yes, we're at the point of gifting underwear lol!

Anyway, I just loved this idea as a way to brighten each others day, during a time in our life when everything seems so...difficult. It really is the simple things in life sometimes that make the most impact.

If you're interested in doing the same, here's what you'll need:

  1. Download my free custom designed "I Love You Because..." image here. You can choose from 5x7, 7x5, or both. I personally don't like my decor to be too matchy-matchy, so I went with one of each.
  2. Purchase the appropriate size frame based on the image size you downloaded
  3. Print the image (I just used regular printer paper) and cut it down to size
  4. Place in frame
  5. Include two dry erase markers
  6. You may want to also include something to erase. I chose to use little cotton eye-makeup remover rounds, so it can be hidden behind the frame. Yes, I'm OCD. 

Happy love-note-sending :)









--------------------------------------------

Mr. UKU surprised me with a very cute card from Etsy and a handmade rustic "Wedding Anniversary Memory Book" where for the next 25 years we can note down things like how we celebrated, favorite memories, where we traveled, what we want to improve on over the next year and more. I love this idea and look forward to filling it in each year and looking back on our marriage as the years go by.





As for today's 4DP5DT "Symptoms":

- Insomia (woke up at 4AM)

- Pretty serious cramping in the AM, followed by mild cramping throughout the day

- Late afternoon fatigue

- Boobs are more "present" than normal ... Not sure I even know what that means haha

The best possible (belated) anniversary present I could receive, is a BFP!


4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. What an adorable idea. You're so darn creative!! Only a few more days until your beta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the "I love you because.." idea!! so cute. may steal that one day :) we have an anniversary journal as well! can't wait to write in it. hope you enjoyed your anniversary dinner! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you and Mr. UKU! A BFP would make an excellent present - wishing and hoping for your little "anniversary gift" very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Love that idea. We usually leave random post its. This sounds like a much easier and lucent idea. Fx that you get a wonderful anniversary miracle.

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin