One Week Update: Lupron, Injections and Being a Big Baby

So here's the deal. I still hate needles! I will admit, it seems to get easier with every injection but I still have my days. I've realized I don't need to be a hero and it's okay to be anxious (even over a pathetic half inch needle). The real hero in this situation is my hubby anyway. I'm thankful that he is able to put his fears aside to play nurse.

In whatever far off world I was in on my first night of injections, I thought I would be more comfortable doing it myself (whatttttt?). I must have spent fifteen minutes winding up over and over again, only to come to a dead stop right before piercing the skin.

Me: "Ok, I got this. Here we go."
My Brain: "Absolutely not."

Of course I have it all on video because I wanted to capture my moment of victory. I instead now have a hilarious fifteen minute video of how not to give a self-injection. #FAIL

Fortunately my husband came to the rescue, and after crying for a good ten minutes, I let him give the injection...and surprise, surprise...it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in my head. I really torture myself.

My side effects so far:
  • Minor bruising near injection site (I bruise easily)
  • Waves of nausea
  • Complete loss of appetite (for a few days)
  • Weird body aches and joint pain in my hands and wrists (one day only - that was fun!) 

The truth is, Lupron is scary shit. If you're ignorant like me and don't bother researching medications before they go in your body because you trust your doctor, stay that way. Once the joint pain kicked in, I decided to turn to my favorite friend, Google, and was horrified by the things I read. Since stopping the B/C pills, and taking only the lupron, my symptoms have improved greatly.

:: Cancels appointment with Rheumatologist :: 

In all seriousness though, you should absolutely be aware of the side effects for all medications you take, and monitor your body's response vigilantly. This does not mean however, to flood your brain with internet horror stories from "victims" of the drug, as we all know each case is different and everyone responds differently. Frankly, I find that people tend to invest much more time writing about their negative experiences (whether with a drug, a restaurant, or a nifty new gadget they purchased off of Amazon), than they do positive ones. Hence, you will find wayyyy more scary shit to read than happy shit.

Baselines appointment up next! Let's hope we get cleared for some stims!


Pre-injection icing, when I forget to freeze buzzy! :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin