Shit Just Got Real!


The medication arrived, and was just as intimidating as I had anticipated...


My baby-making care package includes:
  • Lupron
  • Menopur
  • Follistim
  • Novarel (HCG)
  • Progesteron in Oil
  • Medrol
  • Doryx
  • Over 160 syringes (yikes!)

We officially start Lupron injections tonight (4/10/14). What started as pure terror has turned into excitement. I can't believe we are at this point. This is really happening! We spent time with the nurse reviewing the medications and how to give injections. Not sure who's going to pass out first during our initial attempt, me or my husband. I did purchase the Buzzy Pain Relief System. It's a mini vibrating ice pack that is applied before and during injections to ease the pain, or at the very least distract you from the pain. Yes, it is probably meant for children under the age of five...and no, I don't give a shit! We'll see how Buzzy holds up tonight!






2 comments:

  1. When you overcome your fear of needles (and you will very quickly!), you should give acupuncture a try. I don't know if it actually works, but it is supposed to be great in aiding in fertility, and if anything, it is the most relaxing 40 minutes of my week. If you're interested, I can give you the name of my guy.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so Tricia! I feel like such a whimp! lol I've heard a lot of great things about acupuncture. Maybe if i conquer the home injections, I'll look into it :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

 

WWW.TTCSISTERS.COM

TTC Sisters

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to www.unnaturallyknockedup.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Behind the Blog

 photo SMALLABOUT2_zps5cfccc74.png


Follow on Bloglovin